FableVision is always on the lookout for fresh talent. If you’re an artist, animator, developer, producer, user experience designer, or writer we’d love to hear from you. Staff or freelance, we generally prefer to work with people local to the Boston area – mainly so that we can work WITH you onsite on a regular basis. We're a fan of the team thing, which means studio camaraderie.
We are looking for a freelance HTML5 Developer to help with some games and other projects! Desired skills include:
- Strong HTML5 Skills
- Experience with Interactive / Game Projects
- Experience with AngularJS desired
- Experience with Databases and Back-End Architecture / Integration a plus
Contact: Brian Grossman, Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer internships in art and marketing throughout the year. Our internships provide an opportunity to learn industry skills and obtain professional experience in a fun, dynamic environment. Interns can focus on design/animation or marketing/operations, and are given projects that correspond to their experience and skill level. You can hear an inside perspective on our intern-written blog InternVision.
We generally have three internship periods during the year: spring semester (January-April), summer (May-August), and fall (September-December). Applications should be submitted at least one month before the term you are interested in.
We look for creative artists who can work independently and learn new skills on the job. Owning a laptop and digital tablet is also helpful, but not required.
Art interns assist with various types of projects, including:
- Web design
- Game design and production
- Print design
Computer experience is required in at least three of the following:
- Adobe Flash
If you're an animator, we like to see examples of Flash animation, since that is what we use the most. Other kinds of animation are also fine to send, as well as sketches, paintings and drawings. If you are a designer, we like to see examples of web design or print design.
Interested artists should send samples of their work by email or web link. There is a lot of competition for internships, so the more work you can show us, the better.
The deadline for summer internship applications is April 1. The deadline for fall internships is August 1. The deadline for spring internships is December 1.
Send your information to John Lechner, Art Director, at email@example.com.
Marketing interns assist the marketing team in a variety of ways. Marketing intern tasks include the following:
- Learn about the company's full range of offerings and projects and suggest ways to promote and market our company, projects, and services.
- Write for and maintain social media profiles (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, FableVision Blog, intern-written blog, and e-newsletter).
- Conduct internet research on various topics ranging from mobile applications to new children's television shows.
- Write short reports about research and communicate research results to marketing team.
- Update contact information for the comprehensive mailing lists.
- Draft, proofread, and copyedit various marketing collateral.
- Assist with planning Studio open house events and client launch parties.
- Complete office tasks such as fielding phone traffic, updating client information, and assisting staff on various projects.
We are looking for people who are interested in:
- Writing and communications
- Brand management
- Marketing, specifically social networking
- Children's media, including television, web, mobile, and gaming
Marketing interns also have the option to complete an independent project during their time with us. This could be a podcast, a blog series, a video project, or something of your own making! You can watch a video a marketing intern made about her time at FableVision Studios here.
Send your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to: Sarah Ditkoff, Communications and Development Strategist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in working at FableVision? Think you fit the bill?